A triathlete's or time-trialist's dream wheelset. When the speeds are high, you need to go deep.
We all want to win and win big. The M9's are rim profile has been designed for everything aero. They are plenty deep at 88mm and plenty wide at 24mm and have been seen in the Faster wind tunnel with the SmartStop Pro Cycling team. The test was completed with real world conditions with the bike and rider. As expected our wheels proved to be some of the fastest wheels on the market.
Don't let a crosswind enter into you equation of which wheels to choose. Our rims have a rounded trailing edge to help you stay stable during any crosswind situation.
The M9’s are your choice for anything flat where aerodynamics play the most important role. Whether it is a time trial, triathlon, long road race or a crit; the M9’s are the perfect wheel set for you.
The M9 is a solid 24 millimeters wide, which means you can run lower PSI for a more comfortable ride that corners with unparalleled confidence. Wider rims also have some counter-intuitive effects when compared to those standard 19 millimeter rims: they actually decrease rolling resistance and increase aerodynamics.
The aerodynamic benefits of a deep dish rim are further complemented by Mercury's Seamless Transition Technology (STT), which integrates the brake strip with the rest of the rim in order to eliminate any obstructions to wind flow and reduce drag-causing turbulence.
The M9s are finished off with Sapim's indefatigable Race spokes and Mercury's own hubs. The rear hub includes a generous 3 pawls for an engagement that's as close to immediate as anything we've seen on the market today, and the front hub has an extra-wide 72millimeter flange for reduced flex under hard efforts and confident stability at speed. Both hubs have a 15 millimeter axle that reduces to accommodate a traditional quick release and two and four oversized bearings in the front and back, respectively.
- Rim(s) / Size: Mercury M9C / 700c
- Rim Material: Carbon Fiber
- Tire interface / mounting: Clincher / Tubeless Compatible
- Braking Use: Rim Brake
- Depth: 88mm
- External Width: 27mm
- Internal Width: 18mm
- Hub(s): Mercury Cyclone sealed bearing - 24/24°
- Freehub body / Cassette Interface: Shimano 9/10/11
- Axle(s): Rim brake - 12/100; 12/142mm
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray
- Nipples: Sapim Alloy
- Hand-built in Utah
Weight in grams: Rim - 1770 grams per set (+/- 2%)
- Warranty: 2 year(s) against manufacturer's defects extended to the product's original owner. Mercury brake pads MUST be used exclusively with rim brake wheels - other brands of brake pads voids any warranties.
- What's included: Snap-style rim strips, valve extenders, cassette spacer, brake pads and quick release skewers